One of the many great things about owning a boat is that different opportunities present themselves that you wouldn't normally be exposed to. One of those is drive up bars and restaurants for boaters. Cape Cod is one of the best fishing and boating areas in the U.S. and many of the restaurants and bars accommodate Boaters. Here is some information on the best ones on the Cape.
1. Kingman Yacht Center / The Chart room- KYC offers spectacular views of Red Brook Harbor and delicious food and drink for the boater without breaking the bank. A well manicured landscape with ample seating is a great place to watch the sunset (one of the best on cape cod) with a drink in hand after a long day of fishing or boating. With ample car parking ,daily/seasonal slips, and fantastic customer service there's no wonder why this marina has won multiple awards and won over the hearts of Cape Codders and Tourists alike. A beautiful marina, great menu, and world renowned mudslides is the reason Kingman Yacht Center and the Chart room are voted #1 for the best boater bars and restaurants on Cape Cod - 1 Shipyard Lane, Cataumet MA
2. The Landfall- A family owned restaurant and bar for 70 years, this location is a staple of the community of Woods Hole, Falmouth MA. This location offers great food and drink and atmosphere that can only be found in Woods Hole. Pull your boat right up to the dock and enjoy some fantastic food and live music before heading back out to sea. 9 Luscombe Ave, Woods Hole, MA 02543
3. Nancy's Restaurant / Donovan's Reef- Operated since 1960 , Nancy's is must-see when visiting Martha's Vineyard. An easy harbor to navigate and get into, this location has been keeping boaters happy since 1960. For less than $20 you can rent a slip in Oak Bluffs and take the launch into town. Make sure to try a famous Dirty Banana at Donovan's Reef. Restaurant 29 Lake Avenue Oak Bluffs, MA 02557.
4. Baxters- Built entirely over the water this well established boater friendly bar and restaurant always seems to be buzzing in the Summer. A frequent stop for the Kennedy's, this boater friendly bar has been operating since 1967 and has a great view of all the ferries and boat traffic of Hyannis Harbor. If your looking for a bite to eat before heading out to Nantucket or just a place to pull up and grab lunch, make sure Baxters is on you radar. 177 Pleasant St, Hyannis, MA 02601
5. Black Dog Tavern - Vineyard Haven- Started in 1969 as the Vineyards first year round establishment, this boater friendly bar is a must-see when when visiting Martha's Vineyard. With a full food and drink menu, this tavern is perfect for the transient boater or land tourist. Make sure to pick up your black dog hoody while your there. 20 Beach Street Extension, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
Thank You for taking the time find out who made it to the top of the list for the best bars and restaurants for the boater on Cape Cod. if your interested in more FREE boating related material, please check out our blogs. New Blogs will be posted every week, and don't worry, Boating Season is almost here!