Every year, new and improved fishing gear hits the market. Some are game-changers and some are absolute busts. Below is a list of the top 10 fishing gear that you must have for 2016. Some of these are time tested and some are rather new. Enjoy!
1. Xtratuf Boots- This neoprene boot has been tested and proven in the extreme conditions of Alaska for the past 50 years. This 100% Neoprene boot offers multiple models that can handle the wear and tear you put on a boot in the New England waters. Complimented by a long lifespan, you'll be thankful to be dry when standing in this boot all day.
2. Fusion Jacket by Stormr-This Icast new product of winner will help keep you dry and help keep your range of motion while fishing. This lightweight rain gear is 100% seam sealed and includes more benefits than a swiss army knife. Mutliple pockets and ventilation makes this jacket a must have for a rainy day.
3. Gage Bib- For under $75 you can help stay completely dry and keep all the bait and fish off your clothes. This bib is 100% waterproof and can easily store into any bag or compartment.
4. Yeti Rambler- Brought to you by world famous Yeti, this tumbler will keep your drink cold or hot, longer than any other on the market. Whether its coffee in the a.m. or beer in the p.m. , this tumbler does its job and is extremely durable.
5. Dexter Russel Knife - Every fisherman needs a good filet knife. Dexter Russel offers multiple models of great steel and can be bought for under $20. Whether your cutting through bait or blue fin tuna, this knife will get the job done for you.
6. Hansom AP8 Pliers- A good pair of pliers is what every fisherman needs and often forgets. Well, Hansom Tackle has got you covered with a great pair of pliers that every fisherman should get. For under $70 these pliers come equipt with a lanyard sheeth ( to avoid dropping them overboard) Stainless teel jaws for cutting lines, and stainless steel jaws. Perfect for any type of fishing.
7. Sp Minnow- This lure is perfect for multiple species of saltwater fish. Durable enough for blue fish teeth and real-life enough for Striped Bass and all for under $10. Multiple color patterns and styles, this lure is a must-have for your tackle box.
8. Saltlife Sunglasses- Made with Zeiss glass, these cool looking, polarized shades are perfect for your day on the water. Made with the fisherman in mind, you wont be dissapointed with this purchase.
9. Tsunami Airwave Rod- Light enough to give the action you want and a strong enough back bone to reel in the big one. This rod won't break the bank but will break the spirit of the fish in short order. Great customer service and hundred of rods to choose from.
10. Shimano Saragosa 8000- This reel can cover your bases when targeting multiple kinds of fish. Small enough to use on a lightweight rod and hardy enough for a heavy action spinning rod. This reel does it all.
All of the items you see here in " Fishing Gear that you must have for 2016 " can be found at local tackle shops or online orders. salty cape